Paddleboarding is one of the fastest growing sports in America. And for good reason. While it offers an intense challenge for core strength and stabilization it is a sport that can be learned pretty quickly and since you have the paddle, can be practiced on any type of water. Recreational paddlers cruise around rivers and lakes. The more adventurous take their boards in to the surf and river rapids. Athletes race in elite paddle races and today even recreational paddlers participate in open race events. And of course there are the crossover and specialty sports, including SUP Yoga, SUP Fitness, SUP foilboards and the all new SUP pedalboard.
Whatever your flavor or fancy, connecting with the power of the water, finding your flow on the board and experiencing freedom, these are our goals. Making sure you have a solid foundation is paramount to ensure a safe and exhilarating experience. Over the next few weeks, I’m going to be showcasing articles and videos exploring different aspects of the practice, including but not limited to:
1) Selecting the proper equipment
2) Obtaining and assessing knowledge of weather and conditions
3) Practicing proper water safety
4) Preparing your body
5) Activating and connecting to your core
6) Becoming aware of and in tune, at one with the water, nature, your board
7) Learning proper stroke, stance, balance and other techniques
Follow along and add in your own advice and experience.
Live the Flow Life