SUP it Up Kids Camp is a Stand Up Paddleboard immersion that will teach your child all about Paddleboarding, nature, adventure, having fun and being safe on the water.
Balance is at the core of this sport, teaching our children how to stay strong yet fluid. To stay connected to their own breath and body and yet open and receptive to nature, the elements, the energy of the group they are a part of. Paddling is deceptive in that at first it seems to be a solo sport. In reality a paddler is always aware of her or his presence in nature and the movement and energies of so many elements around her (the water, the wind, animals, boaters and other paddlers to name a few). Physical strength and stamina, core strength and stability, mental focus, awareness and agility are just a few of the many benefits. And most of all its just plain fun!
Enrollment limited to 6 children. Instructor to student ratio 1:3 or 1:6 determined by age and skill level.
During camp, your kiddos will learn how to
- dial in their stroke and turns (may even learn a trick or two)
- properly care for their board and equipment
**They'll also learn about:**
- marine and wild life
- environmental awareness and preparedness
- paddle equipment and board anatomy
- water safety
And of course they'll be learning SUP Yoga and fun games that help develop coordination on and off the water... all reinforcing the skills they learn and most importantly keeping it all FUN!
boards, leash, pfd, all needed equipment & instruction, goodie bags and prizes
Pre-Season Sale: $50 off if paid before June 1st
Group Sale: $25 off if two or kiddos book together
May be combined
What to Bring
• Water Bottle
• Change of Clothes
• Any prescribed medications or devices needed by your child
• Waterproof camera (we provide waterproof cases for phones for rent)
• Stand up paddle board, SUP paddle and US Coast Guard-approved Type III PFD
• Extra change of clothes
• Lip balm with sunscreen
• Closed-toed water shoes
What We Provide
• Use of all necessary paddling equipment: boards, paddles, PFDs, etc.
• First-aid kit
• Insect repellant
Cheesequake State Park
Exact location each day determined by weather and conditions.
Register Online today or Call 732-823-9642