The June moon is often referred to as the 'Strawberry Moon' or 'Rose Moon' in folklore. The Algonquins names it the Strawberry Moon since it signaled it was time to harvest the ripening fruit.
We meet at 7:00 pm and launch at 7:30 pm. Moon Rise is at 6:52 pm though usually we see it on the banks of the Navesink about 20 - 40 minutes later. Sunset is 8:30 pm. Explore the Navesink as the sun sets behind the banks of the river and the night lights up with the moon and stars. Its a magical experience with a group of fun loving, easy going outdoorsy people.
Standup Paddle Boards, Kayaks and other watercraft welcome.
Bring snacks to share after.
Personal Flotation Devices, White Light visible to a mile, whistle and communication device (phone in a water proof case) required per Coast Guard regulations. Leash highly recommended for paddleboarders.
Depending on weather, dry suit, water shoes and/or gloves may be recommended.
This event is FREE.
Paddleboards, Kayaks and other equipment available to rent if needed. See below
Email hello@FlowPaddleYoga.com for questions or rentals
* While the actual Full Moon is on June 17th, we are meeting on Saturday June 15th since this is a late night.
Full Moons are often thought of as times of heightened energy and upheaval. Fully embracing and harnessing this energy can facilitate shedding of what no longer serves you so you may more deeply embrace what does. Taking this time out in nature, literally basking under the light and energy of the moon brings us into deeper alignment with our truths and purpose.
Come out, have fun, cleanse and balance!
What to Bring and Wear (Per Coast Guard Regulation)
• White light visible to a mile
• PFD (personal flotation device)
• Means of communication. Phone or offshore radio
Other Items you may want
• Swimsuit or water-wicking clothes plus layers
• Bottle of water or hydration sleeve
• Sunglasses with croakies
• Any personal or medical items needed (Inhaler, EpiPen)
**Rental** - $45
**Bring your own board** - Free!
2 Hours and 15 Minutes
• Waterproof camera (we provide waterproof cases for phones for rent)
• Extra change of clothes
• Lip balm with sunscreen
• Closed-toed water shoes
If you Rent, What We Provide
• Use of all necessary paddling equipment: boards, paddles, PFDs, etc.
• First-aid kit
• Insect repellant