Learn how to teach Standup Paddleboarding, SUP Yoga and SUP Fitness. Master the Elements and a proven system to dial in your stroke and teach others.
SUP / SUP Yoga & Fitness Teacher Training
Training I: June 28-30
Training II: July 13, 20, 27
Training III: Aug 11, 18, 25
Red Bank & Cheesecake State Park, NJ
· 3 Days of Training with Sally S Bruno, certified PaddleFit Core, WPA Class I and E-RYT 200, CYT 500 hour SUP and SUP Yoga & Fitness instructor. Learn how to inspire and lead lead paddlers, yogis and fitness enthusiasts on the water with passion and fun, all while using the latest in technique development and safety practices.
· Paddle Basics & Skills: Proper paddle technique including stroke, turns and footwork, maneuvering (slow down and stop, navigate in calm and rough conditions with confidence), board anatomy and handling, launching and landing,
· SUP Yoga & Fitness Sequencing and Understanding: Learn a beginner and advanced Flow Paddle Yoga (TM) sequence and the key elements for adapting ANY asana or fitness practice to the board. Learn poses that are specially adapted for Paddle Yoga & Fitness, using the board, paddle, water and nature to create a magical experience
· Paddle Equipment: Comprehensive understanding of all equipment required to teach and how to choose proper equipment – boards, paddles, anchors, personal flotation devices; proper care and storage of your board and minor repairs
· Water Safety: Learn how to read the weather and conditions (wind, current, waves, etc.), learn and perfect water rescue skills.
Receive certification** as:
* FPY Paddle Instructor
* FPY SUP Yoga Instructor
* FPY SUP Fitness Instructor
** In person training is the same. The internship period is what differentiates each certification.
Receive these benefits:
*** Marketing/Advertising: Be listed on Flow Paddle Yoga's Website
*** 30 hours Continuing Education Credits from Yoga Alliance.
*** Exclusive discounts on paddle boards, equipment, and insurance.
· SUP / SUP Yoga & Fitness Business: Leave the training with the knowledge and confidence to run your own SUP Yoga business.
· Practicum: Each student will practice teaching to their fellow trainees
This training is for you if:
You are passionate about yoga, fitness and/or paddling.
You revere the water.
You can't think of anything better than to bring your passion and teachings into nature.
Immerse yourself in nature and harness the fluid power of water as you hone your paddle, yoga and teaching expertise. During our time together, you will be provided with the knowledge and skills necessary to lead a Flow Paddle Yoga™ class safely, clearly and with inspiration and love.
Yoga is defined as the "union of the self with the Supreme Being or ultimate principle." When it is practiced outdoors, your union with nature, humanity, the universe and yourself is truly felt. Add the element of water, and you learn to embody a fluid connection to yourself and all beings and energies on a soul level.
To embody this connection with water, nature, the divine all around and within us... and more importantly, to help others achieve this connection easily and joyfully... that is the vision behind Flow Paddle Yoga.
If this sounds like your kind of bliss, we can't wait to meet you and welcome you to the FPY fam!
* Includes board, paddle, manual, all equipment needed.
* Requirements: Must have prior paddling experience (or have the time to come out and paddle prior to training, for SUP Yoga & Fitness must be a 200 hr RYT OR have a dedicated yoga or related practice. Call to discuss.
Once you have completed training you will have the knowledge, tools, and confidence necessary to lead your students to fluidity and strength in their yoga practice on the water.